Hedge Laying Association of Ireland (HLAI) is a company limited by guarantee, which does not have a share capital, was founded in 2004 by a group of Hedge Layers and other interested individuals. We are a not-for-profit group.
Our aims and objectives are:
– To encourage and facilitate the conservation, protection and appropriate management of hedgerows
– To promote the craft and profession of hedge laying
– To encourage and facilitate landowners in the management of hedges by laying, where appropriate
– To encourage and train people in the craft of hedge laying
– To establish, maintain and promote recognised standards of craftsmanship in hedge laying
– To research and document the tradition of hedge laying in Ireland