Read more about who we are, what we do, and how you can become an official member.
The Hedge Laying Association of Ireland (HLAI) is a company limited by guarantee, which does not have a share capital, was founded in 2004 by a group of Hedge Layers and other interested individuals. We are a not-for-profit group.
Aims and Objectives
- To encourage and facilitate the conservation, protection and appropriate management of hedgerows
- To promote the craft and profession of hedge laying
- To encourage and facilitate landowners in the management of hedges by laying, where appropriate
- To encourage and train people in the craft of hedge laying
- To establish, maintain and promote recognised standards of craftsmanship in hedge laying
- To research and document the tradition of hedge laying in Ireland
The Directors meet as regularly as possible – all Members of the Association are invited to attend these meetings.
- Paul O’Hagan
- Eoin Donnelly
- Eamonn McLoughlin
- Clive Lyttle
- Adrian Fitzpatrick
- Chris McCarney